Thursday, May 15, 2014

Experiments

I have been experimenting more with disposing the photographs. I did three different baths with the fred meyer prints; coke, bleach, and liquid plumber. The result was that the bleach prints changed colors in certain areas, either orange or blue, when it dried the layer with the ink cracked and some areas fell off. When I did the bleaching to the archival prints there was no color change but all the ink dried up and fell off. The coke has worked the best, toning the prints caramel, the fred meyer prints had some cracking and a little bit chipped off. The liquid plumber discolored the prints and when it dried all the ink surfaced chipped off.

Even though the coke process seemed to work very well, when all of the prints dried all buckled. I'm glad that I went through with the experiments, as it was really interesting seeing how the chemicals affected the ink surface. With that being said though, I feel that the prints would present themselves better without soaking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment