Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Coal Miners Trail

Today, I ventured out to the Coal Miner's Trail that runs between Roslyn and Cle Elum to take some photographs. The trail had some old mining rumble from the numerous mines that are no longer in use. The area where I took the most pictures was a concrete structure that is slowly falling apart. At the top of the structure on the hill, there was this super interesting concrete building/machine that I'm guessing processed the coal ore that they were previously mining. Covering most of the structures was all kinds of tree, bushes and moss. Unfortunately, I was hoping that the trail would lead to mine number 9 but I was unable to find the turn off trail.

After I got home, I uploaded the photographs to lightroom. Looks like I got at least a dozen photographs that might be interesting to include for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment