Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Photo Trip

I decided to take an other photography adventure to the Swauk Prairie cemetery and Liberty. I barely was able to locate the cemetery with the crappy directions that google gave me. The cemetery was much different then any other cemetery I have ever seen. Most of the cemeteries I have seen are veterans cemeteries and are very well maintained, to the point of never seeing any weeds in the grass. The Swauk Prairie cemetery nearly looks completely abandoned except for the fake flowers that had been laid by various grave sites. Some graves were very visible while others had bushes growing all around them. Overall, it was a truly sad experience photographing the decay of the cemetery. I suddenly became very aware how forgotten some of the people that were buried there.

After going to the cemetery, I ventured to the homestead site of Liberty. Liberty is the home of one of the oldest gold mines in Washington. Surprisingly, most of the structures in Liberty are old but well cared for. There was one structure right outside of Liberty that was badly dilapidated. The building looked like two small shed like homes built right next to each other, so close that they at first appear as one. The section of the house on the right was so crocked compared to the left side of the building that was being held up straight by a small tree.

In general, I found this adventure to be far more successful. I found more of what I think I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment