Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Library Trip

Last evening, I took a trip to the library and spent nearly an hour looking through the photography book. I left the library with nine books to look through for research. Below I will list the book and author and thoughts about the work. Hopefully, hopefully this will help me figure out what to photograph this quarter.


From My Window, Andre Kertesz

Image result for andre kertesz polaroids

I love Kertesz's work, especially the images with the glass figurines. The images give off so much emotion, and truly convey the sadness one might feel if they lose their loved one. The melancholy tone within these images is very comparable to the images I create.

Hockney on Photography, David Hockney

Image result for david hockney nudeImage result for david hockney steering wheel


Hockney's photographic collages are so impressive. The way that the images are fractured while simultaneously constructing the scenes create a substantial amount of interest. The collages Hockney constructs where he doesn't include all of the scenery are even more interesting. I am particularly interested in the grid images that really show how different each Polaroid is, no matter if the scene and all circumstances have not actually changed.

More reading later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment