Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Final Book Research

Going through the last few books I checked out from my library venture.

Arnold Newman, Five Decades

Alberto Giacometti by Arnold Newman, 1954: Georgia O'Keeffe by Arnold Newman:

I was mostly drawn to his photography because of the portraiture, but inevitably I was more fascinated by his images that are not traditionally shaped (image above on right).

Jeanloup Sieff, The Great Photographers

 Time to go car shopping! Cash for cars portland: Jeanloup Sieff. S): Jeanloup Sieff:

Sieff's photography is very commercial, with that being said I really enjoy the way he photographs the female figure.

William Eggleston, Ancient and Modern

Eggleston trust: William Eggleston, 'At Zenith XIV (From Wedgewood Blue),' 1979/2013 , Gagosian Gallery: William Eggleston:
William Eggleston, 1976: William Eggleston, Untitled (St. Simons Island, Georgia), 1978:

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this particular series of photographs. Some of the images are quite lovely, and demonstrate an amazing sense of  mundane, while other images look a little sloppy and like they do not belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment