Thursday, March 31, 2016

Idea for Display

So far, I have figured out how I want to display my photographs this quarter.

I have been really interested in the use of baroque frames, I have even considered using them in the past. When artists utilize these kind of frames for their work, it references master paintings and fine art. My plan is to use the frames in juxtaposition with Polaroid, pushing the question of whether or not photography and even Polaroid ought to be considered within the fine art helm. 

I found some frames I think might work, but they are not the right color. I plan to paint them to resemble aged baroque frames. I would prefer finding used frames from thrift shops, but I haven't found any yet.

I'm wondering, should all of the frames be the same? Would it look alright to have different frames? Round, square, and rectangle? Or just one?

No comments:

Post a Comment