Monday, October 19, 2015

More Ideas

Last weekend, I visited the Tacoma Art Museum. The Art AIDS America exhibit was pretty amazing. I think I was particularly amazed by the level of emotion created by each of the pieces. Personally, I do not know of anyone affected by AIDS, and this show was an eye opener in how destructive it truly is, and not only to the infected victim but also to anyone who is close to that person. 

Then I walked through the Northwest in the West exhibition, which I must add should have been viewed in the opposite order. After walking through the AIDS show, one just cannot relate to landscapes and buffalo with cowboys and Indians in a meaningful attitude. I did however enjoy viewing Gilbert Stuart's painting of George Washington from 1797. It is inspiring to see art that has been literally treasured for over two hundred years. What I did gather from the Western paintings was actually their rather over sized frames. I found it kind of funny, these gody rustic gold frames, as if to say these pieces of art are made even more important with the addition of these particular frames. 

With this I was thinking about how it could be thought provoking for the viewer to frame the Impossible Project film themselves inside of large gold frames. Below are examples of said frames.




No comments:

Post a Comment