Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Something and Nothing

After Tuesday, I gave a lot of thought to the sections of Charlotte Cotton's The Photograph as Contemporary Art and how they might apply to my work. I realized that the past 425 project I did, Nature of Decay, falls under the category Dead Pan and even a bit Something and Nothing.

Then I realized on a daily basis I tend to want to photograph uniqueness of everyday objects and how it might be interesting to create a project around the idea of something and nothing.

I decided to look more into Win Wenders work. I was particularly inspired by the sense of place captured in his images.

I also looked more into Uta Barth's work and even though it is much different from my own work, I really enjoy it. The quiet softness in Barth's photographs is very appealing. I think it is interesting the way she crops the scene leaving just enough for imagination.

My plan for now is to truly commit to taking my camera everywhere and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment