Friday, April 11, 2014

Ideas!

Scanned image of Paint the City: Seattle series
          This quarter for photography given the freedom, I would like to experiment with utilizing older processes. The processes I'm interested in using would possibly be litho film and cyanotypes, though I have not completely decided. Previously, I have worked with both mediums in 325 last spring. I used litho positives over marbled paper to create the image below. I made a series of these utilizing photographs I had taken in Seattle. For a while I was thinking to continue the series with photographs of other cities or even of nature. Or even to create a litho positives inside of a wooden frame and sealed with resin to create a lit photography, but I think that will need to wait since I do not have all the skills needed to create a well crafted light box.

          So then my train of thought lead me cyanotypes and photograms. I think it would be interesting to create large cyanotype photograms out in the field by collecting a variety of plant materials and construct some sort of composition. As I said before, I am still uncertain of what exactly I would like to create this quarter and I'm even open for ideas. Though I feel that I tend to move towards nature because people just do not spend enough time appreciating the world around us and the all the little things that this planet has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment